Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kirsten Dunst Interview: Depression, Rehab was an "Awful Time"

Things are a lot better these days for Kirsten Dunst.
Just two years ago, the actress was struggling with depression and checked herself into Utah's Cirque Lodge Treatment Center. It was a battle she chronicles in the latest issue of BlackBook, telling the magazine:
"I know what it's like to lose yourself, to no longer know the difference between right or wrong."
Kirsten Dunst Pic
When her life fell apart, Dunst was falsely accused of seeking treatment for drug and alcohol abuse, a fact that made her hesitant to resume her acting career (she stars in All Good Things, to be released on 12/9).
"I used to assume that I'd [act] forever, and then there came a point in my life when I was like, 'Why am I doing this at all?'" she says. "My friends and family were put in a position where they had to defend me, and it was an awful time."
So, why open up now?
"On a personal level, I would talk to anybody about it, but not on a public level. If I do that, then the next person feels like they can ask me about it, and the person after that, until everyone then feels entitled to ask me about it, and that’s not coming from a good place."
We wish Dunst a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
2010• Copyright © BBS NEWS24 • All Rights ® Reserved By Respective Owners •